Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My BIG Boy!



So we had to take Henry to the doctor yesterday, he has been having a lot of gas and some potty problems. I was starting to get a little worried we had a colic baby on our hand the past couple of nights, he was so uncomfortable and we were trying everything. We found out he went through a major growth spurt, hence the over eating and spitting up. And the gas an constipation can be helped with Mylacon, prune juice and me eating a little less spice and citrus. I had been changing my diet for a few days now and it seems to be helping. He is eating so much that the pediatrician recommended I supplement just a little when he is still hungry after I nurse. So we are trying everything we can and trying to get back on schedule. When we weighed him and he was 11 lbs 2 oz, I was shocked! The doctor said he is definitely meeting all his milestones early and is a big healthy boy. I guess I can't call him my little man anymore!

1 comment:

aLeXis said...

So sorry. Poor guy. Mylicon works wonders if you ask me. Both of my kids did so much better with it. Did your dr mention anything about cutting out dairy?? I had to do that with Brogan. It was so hard....but helped a TON with his gas, spitting up, and fussiness. Anyway just curious. Hopefully just a growth spurt. :) Can't believe he is already 11 pounds. He does like to eat. Av was only 16 at her one year appt. Kind of funny, huh?