Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hurting on the Inside...

Literally! I have had a horrible pain behind my ribs on my right side pretty much scene New Years day. So Tuesday I left work early and went to the doctor. I have to say I love my family practice Dr. Baxter. He is always right, and so quick to diagnose. I went in and he poked and prodded and said, "Yep Costochondritis, have you being skiing, snowboarding, fall in the ice, any of that?" I said no, then he asked if I have shoveled snow lately, now being that I live in an apartment, usually not, but I did shovel at Justin's parents house. The doctor said, that's what did it! So I have Costochondritis which is an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. It causes pain when I breathe in and soreness and swelling of the muscle. So I am on a anti-inflammatory/ pain med for 2 weeks at least. I am going home and laying down with heat on it every night, when I can. It is so painful! =(

2 comments:

the4ofusut said...

So sorry! I hope you feel better fast!

Kathy Habel said...

Sorry. That sounds painful.