Thursday, December 31, 2009

Week 37


Now that we are so close I am going to do a little week by week update. We went in Tuesday for our 37 week appointment hoping for some good news. Well it wasn't quite what I expected, no further progress. No dilation and only 60% effaced. Well Henry is doing great according to the non-stress test and ultrasound. He is still loving life in the womb and is now over 7 pounds. Which is good, don't get me wrong, he is ahead of the curve. But I am a bit bummed and thinking labor will never start on it own at this rate. Then we got some more "lovely" news that for a second time in this pregnancy they are changing doctors on me. At first we had my midwife Dale who was awesome, but he moved to Alaska in October. Then we were left in the capable hands of his replacement Randy. He has been working out great and we really like him. Then Tuesday he tells us because he new to the area he can't deliver at McKay Dee until February and he is passing us off to Dr. Healy. So Monday we go to see Healy, the doctor who runs the practice. It is his practice, I am sure he knows what he is doing. But now I am kinda frustrated we just didn't start with him in the first place, he is the doctor, but I liked my midwife. Well I asked Randy if he thought the doctor would induce me in the next 2 weeks or so and he said he didn't see a reason he wouldn't. While it is really discouraging to start from zero, I am tired of waiting and seeing no progress. I know that can all change overnight, and I can still go into labor on my own, but I am ready to be done with this whole pregnancy thing. My mom and my sister had to be induced in all their pregnancies so I would rather have a day I can plan for then to keep waiting. So when I go in Monday I am asking for a date in the next week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Adam and Brittany said...

so....did you get a date scheduled??