So Wednesday night I was watching America's Next Top Model and Justin and I had to have this little discussion:Justin: Why are you watching this crap, these girls are idiots.
Me: I don't know, I never watched it before and I thought because it is a new season I would give it a try, a lot of people like it.
Justin: Reality TV is like junk food for your brain, its not good for you.
Me: Well I like a lot of things that aren't good for me. So whats your point?!
Justin: You are such a intelligent women Tara, but some days, I worry about you.
Me: Thanks babe.
Me: Thanks babe.
So that was pretty much our conversation, and trust me, Justin has used the "junk food" analogy before. I believe that life has to be fun sometimes, even if I feel stupid. That is what life is all about, having pure, stupid fun! Here are a few other guilty pleasures I have. I know they are no good for me, but I like them anyways! =)
Tabloids-



I know it is horrible, but I love celebrity trash. I read the magazines, watch TMZ, and read about celebs online. I know I don't even know these people but I am so fascinated with their stupid lives. I watch their babies grow, watch them make-up and break-up, and read every little scandalous story. I love the gossip!
Rap and Pop Music-
I know, Rap is demeaning to women! I know it promotes violence and misogyny! I know most pop music is oversexed and over sold fake products. I know the voices are altered and I know the pictures are airbrushed. I know everything about these two genres of music is fake. It goes against everything I believe in! But I love to dance to a good beat and I love Brittany Spears! Sorry!
Reality TV and Game Shows-

I know TV in general can be bad for you, and I am not much of a couch potato, but sometimes I just like to watch pure unadulterated crap. I like stupid scripted reality TV. I know there is nothing real about it, and I know it is all pre-packaged. But it sure is fun! I also like to talk to the TV and comment on game shows. I don't know why but I love Jeopardy, Deal or No Deal, and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, among others. I can just watch these shows and yell at the TV like and idiot and have fun. Thank God I don't have cable! Junk Food-


I like junk food... a lot! I have to eat something bad for me everyday! I love ice cream, cake, pie, chocolate. I love McDees, and Taco Bell! I love movie theater popcorn and giant cokes! I love Cheetos, M&Ms and Reeses! I am a horrible person, but I just can't feel guilty, I love food too much!
So, I guess all I can say is oh well. Sometimes we have to not stress out so much and just relax. I think I have found some of the most perfect outlets! =)



























No comments:
Post a Comment