Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We ARE Movie Buffs!


So we had a pretty boring, but nice and relaxing weekend. Saturday I stayed home and cleaned and hung out while Justin worked. That night we rented Where in the World is Osama bin Laden, it is a documentary by the same guy that did Supersize Me, Morgan Spurlock. It was a hilarious satirical look at the Middle East, religion and politics. It was defiantly enlightening. Sunday was pretty low key, we watched a bio-pic called Control about Ian Curtis, the lead singer of the '80's band Joy Division. It was so interesting, I didn't know much about him or the band, but you know Justin, he knows about every band EVER! So he really enjoyed learning their history too. Well, we have been wanting to see some of this years Oscar contenders and they were having a special showing of Milk at the Egyptian in Ogden, which was perfect. So we met at El Matador after I got off work, had a great dinner and then went over and saw the movie. It was an amazingly moving film! Sean Penn so deserved that Oscar for playing Harvey Milk, the first openly gay elected official in America. It was a tragic story, but one with amazing power that is just as relevant in today's climate as it was when it happened. So we saw quite a few indie gems this week. We are planning on trying to see the Wrestler and Slumdog Millionaire too. Has anyone else seen any good movies lately?

1 comment:

Adam and Brittany said...

I haven't seen a movie in ages! The last one I saw was Twilight...I don't want to be one of those anoying people that bring their screaming baby to a movie. Maybe someday soo we'll get a babysitter and go =)